Your resting metabolic rate is the energy required by your body to perform its basic functions at rest. This energy is converted from the food that you consume, and is expressed in calories per day.
Understanding your body’s metabolism at rest enables you to feed your body in a way that can achieve your goals.
The test is perfect for individuals who are:
- Seeking to manage their weight
- Want to understand their body’s metabolism (particularly when used in conjunction with the metabolic efficiency test)
The test is done with the individual lying down on a bed. You will be required to...
Upon completion of the test, your results will then be analysed and our exercise physiologists will be able to:
- Assess your metabolic efficiency
- Measure the amount of calories, carbohydrate, and fat that you burn at rest
- Provide exercise and nutrition recommendations based on your goals
- Track your personal progression
You will also be given a report at the end of the test.
The test takes 1 hour, inclusive of warm-up and post-test consultation.
You are requested to be in a fasted state from 8 hours before the start of the test.
24 hours before the test:
- No/Light exercise only
- Consume your typical diet
8 hours before the test:
- No consumption of food
- No consumption of sweet/sugary drinks (plain water is allowed)
On the day of the test:
- No exercise
- Be in a fasted state (no food or sweet/sugary drinks)
- No consumption of caffeine or other stimulants
- Arrive in appropriate running/cycling gear
- If you are cycling, we strongly recommend bringing your own bicycle in